I’m Emma, I started ‘Tough Like Mama’ to help others like me. I help women who struggle with low self-confidence and low self-esteem. I have always struggled with my own body image in relation to my self worth and it has been a long journey for me to tackle these issues.
I believe that women need more fitness options that don't focus on shaming yourself fit and instead help them celebrate what they are capable of. Fitness programs that suit different lifestyles and needs, some people don't have time to stick to a rigid plan, some people are to scared to even set foot in a gym (I have been there).
When I got pregnant with my son I doubled my weight during pregnancy. As much as I loved working out, I just didn't know how to do it as a pregnant person. It also didn't help that I had been on a constant diet from my early teens way into my 20's. Forget a kid in a candy store, I was like the kid who had to walk past a locked candy store my whole life who'd just been given the key. I ate everything I wanted and everything I didn't, I just lost control and my self esteem, part of this was because my self worth was so tightly packed in with how much I weighed.
My biggest aim is not only helping you reach your goals, but doing it while building your confidence and self-esteem.
- Level 3 in Personal Training
- Kettlebell Instructor Training
- Level 2 in Emergency First Aid
- Level 2 in Fitness Instructing Gym Based Exercise
- Sports and Exercise Nutritional Advisor
- Level 2 in Delivering Behaviour Management and Physical Activities to Children Under 5.
- Certificate in Nutrition (Optimum nutrition for health and performance)
- Vegetarian and Vegan Nutrition